Onsite and Online Retail Store Assistant
Virtual Marketing Team
ABOUT RED ACACIA LAGOS
Red Acacia Lagos has evolved to become a Floral Services solutions company. We offer a wide assortment of florals and floral-based solutions. Our services include: Bridal bouquets, Wedding Florals, Table Floral Arrangements, Wreaths, Funeral Wreaths & Sprays. Our basic collections include Flowers, Fillers, Floral Accessories, Floral Supplies, Floral Tools.
Red Acacia Lagos has a vacancy for an experienced Physical and Online Retail Store Assistant to join its Retail function. The Physical and Online Retail Store Assistant is responsible for providing exceptional customer service and retail assistance within the Red Acacia store both on site and online. You will contribute to the overall purpose of the store which is to generate revenue for the business and enhance the visitor’s experience. You will offer administrative and operational support to the Creative Director and other roles, providing cover in their absence. You will also work closely with the store’s virtual team.
Act as primary point of contact for online and phone/Whatsapp order customers, answering phone and email enquiries, resolving complaints and processing orders in an efficient and timely manner;
Develop in-depth knowledge of our products and solutions to enhance your customer service and impart information to the virtual team should the need arise;
Assist with shop opening/closing procedures and till cover when required; work our virtual Assistants, offering onsite guidance and support;
Create, edit and upload product photography and descriptions to the e- commerce platform and remove discontinued/out-of-stock items in a timely manner;
Assist with rolling stock checks and annual stocktake, unpack and process daily deliveries, process returns and write-offs in liaison with the Head of Retail, assist with exit strategy for slow moving and discontinued stock, keep storage areas organized and easy to navigate;
Ensure an accurate and thorough approach to all payment processing and refunds;
Security and Maintenance
Minimise potential stock loss by maintaining a high level of awareness and alertness; report all safety hazards and risk factors to Head of Retail or Head of Operations;
Ensure consistently high standards of housekeeping and stock replenishment on the shop floor; assist Head of Retail in planning and executing displays around seasonal and exhibition opportunities and new range launches;
Fulfil any other role duties as directed by the Head of Retail.
- A successful Retail career track record, preferably gained in a retail operation with strong online operation;
- A strong attendance, reliability and punctuality record;
- A strong work ethic and proven track record of being proactive and using initiative within Retail;
- A clear understanding and proven delivery of good customer service;
- A positive and flexible approach, ready and willing to turn your hand to anything to get the job done;
- Physically fit and able to unpack and process deliveries and manoeuvre stock between storage areas and the shop floor on a daily basis;
- Able to deal with customer enquiries on own initiative, responding to queries and complaints in a constructive and prompt manner;
- Able to handle confidential matters with utmost discretion;
- Able to work independently and creatively, pre-empting and problem-solving issues as needed;
- Possesses excellent communication skills; is friendly, approachable and professional when dealing with visitors and staff in person, over the phone or in writing;
- Evidences strong interpersonal and team working skills, able to communicate successfully with a wide variety of people across all levels;
- Possesses excellent time management and organizational skills, able to multi- task and prioritise tasks effectively;
- Displays accuracy and efficiency in all aspects of the role, due to the ability to pay attention to detail;
- Competent in cash handling and till work;
- Experience of successfully using computerised stock management systems, Photoshop, InDesign, Microsoft Office and e-commerce platforms;
- Ability to create and edit product photography and copy for online and promotional purposes to a high standard;
- An interest in Décor, Interior Design and Decoration is desirable.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- Salary: Will be discussed.
- Attendance: 9.15 am - 5.15 pm; 40 hours per week worked over 5 days including some weekend work. (As the needs of the business dictate, with the pre-authorisation of the Head of Retail you may on occasion be asked to work outside of your normal working hours)
- Holiday entitlement: 25 working days, plus 2 discretionary days at Christmas in addition to statutory holidays
HOW TO APPLY
Do you fit the role? Are you ready for an exciting opportunity with us? Please send your application, stating why you think you are the right person for the role, attaching your resume to email@example.com with the subject APPLICATION: Onsite and Online Retail Store Assistant.