How to Create a Functional, yet Beautiful Reading Corner
3D Reading Corner Design by Red Acacia
One of the most relaxing ways to unwind after a long day in traffic, or a stressful workday, is with a relaxing read. Creating a serene reading corner is much easier than one thinks, and gives a room that peaceful mellow tone.
Here are some pointers on how to go about creating one, and a list of the components that need to be present to make your reading corner functional, yet beautiful.
- Find a good enclave within your space. A quiet unused corner or windowsill within your bedroom or living-room.
- Whatever you plan should blend in with the existing space in terms of color, theme, and style. But should be distinguishable in its function.
- The Essentials for a functional reading corner:
- Good light: Choose a space with either natural light or a reading-appropriate lamp. Best to have both.
- A comfortable seat with pillows, and possibly a throw/blanket (for those air-conditioned rooms, or winter regions). The seat choice – whether an armchair or a bench - would usually depend on the reading space you have chosen.
- A holding place for your current books – like a basket or crate beside the chair.
- A small end table beside the chair to hold incidentals
- A book and décor storage system, like a bookshelf or floating shelves.
Click here to see some of our products that can help you create that awesome reading corner, plus you can pre-order for a reading corner design to fit your current space, or for any style of chair/sidetable/bookshelf/lamps. Just hit us up on 08034021794.
Below are some inspirational reading corners to get your creative juices flowing:
Photo Credit: Houzz
Photo Credit: Houzz
Photo Credit: Dwelling
Photo Credit: Kate Challis Interiors
Photo Credit: Red Acacia Lagos
Leave a comment
Also in Tips for your Home
With this video, we show you just how easy it is to personalize your space using prints on throw pillows.
Image via Lanny Nagler Photography
It seems that many people aren’t sure what the purpose is to having a headboard, or why one is even necessary. Well, most of the time with free-standing beds or divan beds, they’re not necessary. But, even if it’s not necessary to the structure of your bed, there are still many reasons to opt to have one.
Image Credit: @RedAcaciaLagos
Picture ledges are inherently versatile because they allow you to quickly and easily swap art in and out on a whim. But they may be a whole lot more versatile than you realized as you'll see by these alternative uses. Take a look and get inspired: